FAST-TRACK RETIREMENT PLANNING - Mini course - Download Version
We are all (including tax practitioners) getting older, and the need for effective retirement planning has never been greater. This course is essential for participants who wish to attain a comfortable retirement for themselves and their clients by maximizing tax saving strategies. Retirement income needs are analyzed; Social Security benefits are determined; and distribution options from IRAs and retirement plans are explored.
- Summarize the basic guidelines of retirement planning.
- Determine retirement costs and income needs of clients based on their current budget.
- Explain what workers need to qualify for Social Security retirement benefits and for Social Security disability benefits.
- Classify basic types of qualified corporate plans.
- Illustrate the difference between annuity payments and lump-sum distributions, outline key components of rollovers, premature distributions and required distributions.
Course Prerequisite: None
Course Level: Overview
Field of Study: Specialized Knowledge
Course Format: Downloadable Text
Recommended CPE Credit: 3 hours