FAST-TRACK RETIREMENT PLANNING
This course is essential for participants who wish to attain a comfortable retirement for themselves and their clients by maximizing tax saving strategies. Retirement income needs are calculated; net after tax Social Security benefits are determined; and distribution options from IRAs and retirement plans are explored. Special consideration is given to the tax treatment of the home and business on retirement. Buy-sell agreements are discussed and eldercare planning is examined.
- Analyze personal retirement maps with clients to suit their objectives & lifestyles.
- Explain how Social Security funds are assessed and then paid.
- List the requirements to receive Social Security retirement benefits.
- Differentiate nonqualified and qualified deferred compensation plans identifying their benefits and contributions limits.
- Distinguish defined contribution from defined benefit retirement plans.
- Name two popular ways to receive distributions from a retirement plan or an IRA.
- Advise clients on lump-sum distributions permitting them to receive special tax treatment on the distribution.
- List at least five reasons to purchase life insurance and name four parties with rights in a life insurance policy.
- Explain the relationship between home sales and the capital gains rates.
Course prerequisite: None
Course level: Overview
Field of Study: Specialized Knowledge
Course format: Text
Recommended CPE Credit: 24 hours