Updated for 2021! This course covers the fundamentals of individual taxation, as well as special tax computations and problems. Topics include understanding what is included in gross income, allowable deductions, phase-out rules and other basic federal tax computations.
- Highlights of all the recent tax acts.
- Determine who must file a return.
- Calculate underpayment penalties.
- Determine filing status.
- Explain dependency exemptions.
- Understand what is included in gross income.
- Discuss adjustments to income.
- Explain business deductions.
Also included with the course are many illustrative examples to reinforce your understanding of individual taxes. This course will serve as an excellent update to illustrate the effects of recent legislation regarding individual taxation.
Course Prerequisite: None
Course Level: Basic
Field of Study: Taxes
Course Format: Text
Recommended CPE Credit: 14 hours