LIMITED LIABILITY COMPANIES
This course provides tax practitioners with an introduction to limited liability companies (LLCs) and limited liability partnerships (LLPs). From the nuts and bolts of everyday operations to tax planning considerations - it's all here.
- Discuss the history of LLCs and LLPs.
- Compare the advantages and disadvantages of the various business forms.
- Explain the formation of LLCs and LLPs.
- Discuss the operating issues concerning LLCs and LLPs.
- Analyze the termination of interests in and dissolution of LLCs and LLPs.
- Analyze the issues affecting distribution from such entities.
- Discuss the basis, at-risk, and passive activity considerations.
The discussion of the issues also includes a comparison with other relevant types of business entities, including S Corporations, C Corporations, and Partnerships.
Course Prerequisite: None
Recommended CPE Credit: 8 hours
Course Level: Intermediate
Field of Study: Taxes
Course Format: Text