This course provides tax practitioners with an introduction to limited liability companies (LLCs) and limited liability partnerships (LLPs). From the nuts and bolts of everyday operations to tax planning considerations - it's all here.
- Discuss the history of LLCs and LLPs.
- Compare the advantages and disadvantages of the various business forms.
- Explain the formation of LLCs and LLPs.
- Discuss the operating issues concerning LLCs and LLPs.
- Analyze the termination of interests in and dissolution of LLCs and LLPs.
- Analyze the issues affecting distribution from such entities.
- Discuss the basis, at-risk, and passive activity considerations.
The discussion of the issues also includes a comparison with other relevant types of business entities, including S Corporations, C Corporations, and Partnerships.
Course Level: Intermediate
Field of Study: Taxes
Course Format: Downloadable Text
Recommended CPE Credit: 8 hours